Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.
Dear Westbriar Families,
As we close out the 2020-21 school year and quickly approach the start of summer learning, we are providing you with updated guidance regarding the use of face masks while on school property beginning June 18 in accordance with Executive Order 79.
Indoors On-School Property
- EO79 requires that all individuals wear a mask while indoors on school property. Masks or face coverings must be worn by all students, faculty, staff, and visitors regardless of vaccination status.
- This includes all activities on school property beyond education, including School Board meetings and concerts, graduations, voting, attendees at performances, etc.
- Social distancing is not required.
- As of June 11, the Commonwealth updated guidance to say that when school is not in session (or anytime students are not attending programs in the school building), individuals should follow masking recommendations in accordance with CDC Guidance, which allows for fully vaccinated individuals to participate in most activities without masking or distancing. Individuals who are not yet fully vaccinated should continue to mask and distance in order to protect themselves and the people around them.
Outdoors On-School Property
- EO79 permits individuals outdoors on school property to remove masks in accordance with CDC guidance.
- Fully vaccinated students, teachers, staff, and visitors may remove their masks or face coverings. Six feet social distancing is not required.
- Individuals who are not fully vaccinated may remove masks or face coverings outside if they can maintain at least six feet distance. If they cannot maintain social distancing, it is recommended that they wear a mask.
Offices and Non-School Property
In office buildings such as Gatehouse, neither masks nor social distancing will be required for vaccinated employees.
Below is a quick reference guide regarding mask usage for Schools and Non-School based Offices, effective June 18, 2021, as outlined in the above narrative.
*Mask exemptions as outlined in Executive Order 79 continue to be applicable (e.g. while eating or drinking) and are consistent with exemptions implemented during the 2020-21 school year.
TOPIC: Free Meals Continuing Throughout the Summer, June 28-August 5
FCPS is committed to providing all students access to no-cost meals over the summer months at meal kit sites and on bus routes. Each site and bus route will offer meal kits containing seven days of breakfast and lunch. Please note that locations of the meal distribution sites and all bus routes have changed from the school year plan.
- Summer meal kits will be offered on Mondays at 10 sites throughout the county beginning June 28 and ending August 2.
- Please note that meal kits will be distributed on Tuesday, July 6, due to the Monday, July 5 holiday.
- Meal kits contain 7 days of breakfast and lunch items packed in bulk.
- The meal kits will be available for pick up from 8:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. or until supplies are exhausted.
- All meals are available at no-cost to all FCPS students and children eighteen (18) years of age and under.
- Parents and caregivers may pick up food for children and adults may purchase kits for $28.
- Meal kit bus routes will run June 28 through August 5.
- Buses will run weekly routes throughout the community distributing meal kits, containing seven days of breakfast and lunch items packed in bulk.
- The buses will not distribute meals on a daily basis. The bus stops are weekly and run Monday-Thursday only.
- Please note that on Friday, July 2, Monday bus routes will operate to cover the Monday, July 5, holiday.
- Meal kits are available at no-cost to FCPS students and children eighteen (18) years of age and under.
- Parents and caregivers may pick up food for children.
- Adult meals will not be available for purchase on the bus routes.
Ms. Mary Tam, Principal - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Chris Butzer, Assistant Principal – email@example.com
Mr. Amos Simms-Smith, Assistant Principal - AOSimmsSmith@fcps.edu